There are a few ways you can do it. Here is a good list to work from:
- Keep them in a safe - Depending on your budget this can be an expensive one. An alternative is to get a safe deposit box at your bank.
- Filing Cabinet - Get a locking and fireproof filing cabinet and keep them at your home.
- Keep a copy at your attorney's office - Some people I know keep a copy of all of their important documents at their attorney's office. Just make sure they have them in a fire proof and safe place.
- Keep a copy at your parents house - This is another option that many people do. You need a fire proof cabinet here too.
- Make scan copies of all your important documents and keep them on a disc - This is another option but you will need to keep them in a fire proof area like the other options we discussed above.
No matter which one of the options you like best above, keep your papers organized. Invest in a small three ring binder with some tabs and put them in page protectors and with some dividers. Now you've got organization to go along with your safe keeping. Make it happen!
© 2008 eMarketing 4 Business LLC